Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

dvd inserted into macbook and now unable to eject

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/19/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Mac Genius
Chat Conversation Started
Daniel :

Hello, my name is Dan.

There are a few methods for removing a disc like this one is to drag the disk icon to the garbage or trash, the second way is to right click it and choose eject disc from the resulting menu.

If those fail than you can restart your machine and hold down the or the shift key.

If those things fail please let me know there are a couple more tricks that I know.

Customer: when get to derk top the arrow cursor is the multicolored circle and is in active
Customer: when get to desk top arrow cursor is the multcolored circle and is not active
Daniel :

So you're kind of in limbo? Try pressing the 'Option' + 'Command (Cloverleaf)" and then press Escape. This will bring up the force quit window and may show you the particular application that is refusing to cooperate.

Select that particular application and make it to force quit. That will stop the spinning beach ball and you can continue with trying to get that disc out.

Customer: tried cloverleaf and esc no option to force quit
Daniel :

You have to use, the Cloverleaf and the Option and hold them down together then press the escape. All three keys have to be used.

Customer: is command key the cloverleaf?tried holding cloverleaf,option and esc,it did brig up forcequit application but no activity,safari was highlighted but is now gray
Daniel :

Do you still have the beach ball?

Customer: yes
Daniel :

Then press the power button and hold it down until the machine turns off and then restart, and as you do so hold down the space bar and see if that will eject the disk.

After it restarts the eject key should work also.

Daniel :

If you can, bookmark this site so you can come right back to it.