Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Rob - Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. However, I…

Customer Question
Rob - Thanks for sharing...
Rob - Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. However, I continued to "poke around" -- dug a little deeper, found most of the images in the library, just sort of 'there' -- they still won't show up in my 343 "All - Birds" project in the viewer, but they are definitely 'there' in the library.

Now that I know that I still have them, I'm a little less frantic. My main question now is, I have Aperture 3 and am strongly considering installing it, but not importing any "old" stuff, then just moving my old stuff in later. THE QUESTION: Since this is the second time 'Projects" has lost all my images (just misplaced them, can't recognize them as to where they are as managed images) I wonder if everything new in Aperture 3 should just be referenced so I know where in the heck they are.

That answer is certainly worth the $18 bucks.

Thank you for your response.

Renee Krupp
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/18/2010
Mac Support Specialist: robgranholm, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Hi, hmm so strange, is the 'there' just a reference to the file or can you actually find the file? Can you clarify what you mean you wander if everything new in Aperture 3 should just be referenced? I'm running Aperture 3 now, and did the upgrade, so I can be clear with you, just want to make sure I get your question.
Robert - I am going to leave the positive feedback, but I finally just called Apple and a fellow in Aperture support fixed it all for me.

Please disregard any other posts I have made. I would like my second question discarded.

The situation that caused me to 'lose' my images - as stupid and as easy as this sounds - was 'something' was in the 'search' filter and it excluded all the images.

As soon as I wiped the search parameters out -- poof -- all my images were back.....

Thanks again - but if you ever see a question similar to mine with 'lost' images with a 'newer' user -- check to see that the search filter is, indeed, empty!

Thanks again.
I will indeed, thanks so much for the tip and your generosity!