Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a new computer and I want to get what I purchased on…

Customer Question
I have a new computer...
I have a new computer and I want to get what I purchased on itunes sent to it.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/18/2010
Mac Support Specialist: robgranholm, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Hi, you'll need to transfer your iTunes library from your old computer to your new computer, what types of computers are they?
I have itunes on my computer and want what I purchased from itunes. My old computer was a Dell and my new computer is a Toshiba.
I see, the ONLY way to get the music onto the new computer, is to TRANSFER it from the old computer. You cannot re-download all your music from iTunes without contacting Apple and logging a special ticket with them for each item purchased and telling them your old computer crashed. I've done this several times, iTunes simply doesn't allow you to re-download everything anytime you want. Are both computers hooked up and on the internet, we can transfer your iTunes from one computer to the other through the web, or if you have an external hard drive or a large thumb drive.