Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have bought a VPN, but when I installed it, I lost my wi…

Customer Question
I have bought a VPN...
I have bought a VPN, but when I installed it, I lost my wi fi connection.
I then reconnected the wi fi and the VPN showed as not configured
I am not a computer buff so did not retry the VPN as am worried at losing my wi fi connection.
Also, not sure how to use the VPN, do I simply open it and continue using the internet as before ie through Safari.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/18/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
What VPN hardware did you buy, or can explain the setup some more for me?
No hardware, I subcribed to Lamnia, who sent me the configuration information with guidelines on how to configure the VPN configuration on my Macbook (10.4.11). Which worked and connected, only when I closed the VPN did I discover that the wi fi connection was disconnected.
I haven't used this product before, but I have setup VPNs. Does that have an installer program or do you set it up with the vpn client that is already on your mac?
Using the vpn client in the mac