Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My grandson put a code in his IPOD touch so no one could get…

Customer Question
My grandson put a code...
My grandson put a code in his IPOD touch so no one could get into it, then he forgot the code, tried several codes and it locked up. I called the apple helpline and they e-mailed me how to reset it; to go to itunes, look in the summery, etc, but I must not be at the right itunes, as I never find a summery column and don't find a place to click on "reset". We need help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/18/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
Kyle Brockman
Kyle Brockman, Mac Genius
I can help you with this. When you plug the ipod touch into your computer, you should see it in itunes on the left hand side. Click on it and the first page it should bring you to is the summery. Also make sure your running the latest version of itunes which is 9.2.
What do you mean when I plug the ipod touch into the computer, i should see itunes? When we turn on the Ipod touch and plug it in it says IPOD is disabled and we can't do anything else with it.
So then it's not showing up in itunes?
no, it says ipod is disabled
does it show a time on the ipod for how long it's locked out?
no
Ok, you will need to put the ipod in a recovery mode called dfu. If you follow the steps on this web page it will get the ipod in that mode. http://thesmithfam.org/blog/2008/03/19/unbricking-your-ipod-touch-with-the-manual-dfu-procedure/
can I get back to you with another question if this does not work, or if I can't do it myself to make it work
if I try the above web site and I still can't unlock the ipod touch, will I be able to come back to you and ask more questioons
Yes you can ask me more information. Just so you know, I don't get paid till you accept the answer.