Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Macbook Pro laptop screen issues.

Customer Question
My 2007 Macbook Pro's laptop...
My 2007 Macbook Pro's laptop screen will not turn on. I hear the startup jingle(the bahhhhhhh noise after startup after which the screen should turn from black to blue, followed by the login page), the fan inside and all the backlit keys are bright. I was told that it may be some kind of video chip problem inside the computer but the closest Apple store to me is 4 hours away. Any suggestions or key combination I can press to get the screen to appear again?!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/16/2010
Mac Support Specialist: VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
Hello and good morning.Sorry to hear that. Now, I have a few questions to ask. When did this start? What if any Beeps or Tones do you hear when your MAC boots up?
Good Morning! I hear the 'Bahhhhhhhhhh' noise when I start up the computer. After which the screen usually turns from black to blue and then to my login page. But it stays pitch black. Also, it happened last week and has showed nothing on the screen since.
Do you have your Install Disk for OS X?