Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Hi someone sems to have hacked into my computer and is sending…

Customer Question
Hi someone sems to have...
Hi someone sems to have hacked into my computer and is sending out emails using my email address. Most of them are pornographic some undeliverable but many are going through to my contacts. How has it happened and how can i put it right?
My email provider is Yahoo and I have an I mac .
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/16/2010
Mac Support Specialist: iteachmac, The Duke! replied 8 years ago
iteachmac
iteachmac, The Duke!
Hi , It is doubt full that you have a virus on your Mac .

It is more likely to be a problem with the email account and online webpage based log on .

If you can log in to your account , please change the password XXXXX

If you cant , please contact yahoo and report the issue .
DANGEROUS URL REMOVED&src=ym&partner=&intl=us see : My account may have been compromised.

You can turn on your firewall in OSX for extra security : Enable stealth mode also .

Apple menu , system preference , Security , firewall . unlock to pad lock , turn on , enable stealth mode from advanced button. close window , lock the pad lock.
Close control panels .

Please scan your computer using :
http://www.clamxav.com/

This will help remove doubt that your Mac has a virus .

Remember if your Mac does have a virus , it maybe one for a PC "Windows" in your email inbox etc if using Apple Mail .

It wont affect a Mac if they are PC stains , but they can be passed on to PC users if mailed directly .

I hope this helps .