Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Firefox is set to open with Firefox home page when computer…

Customer Question
Firefox is set to open...
Firefox is set to open with Firefox home page when computer (MacPro OS 10.6.3) is started.
However, instead it shows a page which says "Firefox cannot connect with server. Try again."
Connections with cable, modem and computer are ok. New modem. Comcast tech came and checked - no problem found.

Repeated clicks with mouse (20-30) seem eventually able to open the Firefox home page, and thereafter for the session Firefox works nicely.

No problem with Safari or Explorer. The Firefox preference is set for the Firefox home page to open when when the computer is started.

Questions--- where is the problem, and what must be done to correct it and allow Firefox to open when the computer is started? Why dose it not "find/connect with its server" as it is programed to do ?
[email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/15/2010
Mac Support Specialist: robgranholm, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
It's possible the firefox homepage is the problem, after it gives you the firefox cannot connect error...can you go to another page...like www.cnn.com without any issue?
I understand. The problem may be in Firefox , but what should be done about it? If I uninstall or trash Firefox and reinstall it I will lose my Bookmarks, and maybe the address book. I could go to another browser, but I really like Firefox. Please, tell me what to do to make Firefox behave. I will then be pleased to approve your payment. So far, however, you have not been helpful.