Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a problem with my computer being hacked. I contacted…

Customer Question
I have a problem with...
I have a problem with my computer being hacked. I contacted you yesterday and asked for help. The answer I received did not solve the problem so I asked if there was something else I could do. I expected an answer but so far I have not received anything. What am to do now?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/15/2010
Mac Support Specialist: robgranholm, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
What was the message received?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
I am sorry but the first reply has not helped solve my problem. I asked if there was something else I could do to help restore my E-mail account. I did not receive a reply to that question.
I understand, I'm trying to get the whole picture. I hate to say it but the fact of the matter is that there is NOTHING that can be done besides changing your password, or in extreme cases, completely deleting your e-mail account. There is no available technology to UNDO what gets done when a hacker gets into your e-mail account and steals all of your contacts. They have all of those addresses forever. The importance of powerful passwords like SoQ45Gui are important today...because of the information we all have in our e-mail accounts. I really do which I had some better information for you. If someone has taken over your e-mail account and locked you out, short of trying to reach the company that provides it...and believe me I know contacting "Google" or "Yahoo" is pretty much impossible...there is nothing you can do. Sorry if that's not a happy or satisfying answer..I really, truly, honestly am...but it's the truth. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be glad to follow up.