Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

i am trying to set up wireless printer keeps asking for security…

Customer Question
i am trying to set...
i am trying to set up wireless printer keeps asking for security can you help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/14/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Mac Genius
Chat Conversation Started
Daniel :

Hello, my name is Dan.

Daniel :

What version of OS X are you using? What is the printer make and model? What type of wireless router are you using?

Customer: os5 hp printer netgear
Customer: what gives no answer are you a scam person
Daniel :

A little more detail please.

Full Size Image

Daniel :

No but I need the info that I asked for or I cannot help.

Daniel :

I need the make and model of the printer and the make and model of the router.

Customer: hp photosmart c4780 netgear cg814wg v2
Daniel :

Now how about the version of OS X?

Daniel :

WHat type of wireless security is on your network?

Customer: i have charter network
Daniel :

What type of Mac do you use? And how do you connect to the NetGear router?

Customer: wireless osx
Daniel :

Do you use a WEP or a WPA security on your wireless network?

Daniel :

This is all very important information and without it I cannot answer your question.

Customer: wpa
Daniel :

Okay, so were it asks for your security on the printer you need to type in the same password XXXXX you use to connect your computer to the network.

Daniel :

Give that a try and see what happens.

Customer: i did that did not work
Customer: will try again
Customer: it just keep asking for security key
Customer: i did name it as charter