Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Help needed to open Iphoto on my Macbook Pro. (MacOSX 10.6.3)

Customer Question
I separated my photo library...
Help needed to open Iphoto on my Macbook Pro. (MacOSX 10.6.3) I separated my photo library, which is on a separate Disk from my laptop. When I turned the computer it became disconnected while I was working on cleaning up photos from a trip. Now the Iphoto will not open or respond. I have to close it through Force Quit. What can I do to bring it back?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/14/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

You can try to rebuild the iPhoto library, May be that'll fix iPhoto :

Rebuild iPhoto Library
  1. Quit iPhoto if it is open.
  2. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
  3. Open iPhoto.
  4. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
  5. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select all the options/checkboxes
  6. Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process. This may take a few minutes to complete.
what is the answer?
I was able to open Iphoto without using my disk that has all of my many photos. Should I connect the disk that separated from my computer and rebuild those photos? I don't want to loose them, so was scared to attach it.
Are you using a external hard disk ?
yes and that is the problem, it disconnected while I was working on my iphoto.
Connect the HD and rebuild the library. You won't lose your pictures if you rebuild the library. Also, make a copy of that library to another folder, for safety.
ok, I am copying them onto hard drive putting them into a folder. The computer sayes it will take an hour. Will then rebuild it. I will respond as soon as it works.
Ok..let me know.

Edited by Ashik on 6/14/2010 at 8:38 PM EST
will do and will also accept as soon as it finishes.
only click accept after it worked !!
ok
Does it worked ?