Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

i recently upgraded my Mac desktop from Tiger to Snow Leopard.

Customer Question
I downloaded the hp driver...
i recently upgraded my Mac desktop from Tiger to Snow Leopard. I downloaded the hp driver to update the HP7400 All-in-One since the printer and scanner would no longer print or scan after I upgraded the Operationg System for Mac.

Now, if i scan more than 1 sheet at a time, the Mac pops up a new e-mail screen for the 2nd page.

Also, I use Entourage as my e-mail and now it goes to Safari instead of Entourage.

1. How do i get the new software to scan more than 1 page into the same e-mail ?

On the HP All-in one screen , it used to list Entourage as an option to " Scan to" . Now there is no option for Entourage.

2. How do I get the new software to go to Entourage instead of Safari?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/14/2010
Mac Support Specialist: robgranholm, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
Hi my name isXXXXX be glad to help. You seem to have multiple issue going on here. Lets first start over...lets completely erase and uninstall the HP software from your computer. I know it's annoying but it works the best...if you still have the HP software it comes with an uninstaller..make sure to run this fully and restart. Next we'll want to download the full software package specifically for snow leopard off HP's website...have you done this? Report back here and we'll go from there, happy to help!
I will have to do this tomorrow morning. I will be out of the office the rest of this afternoon. I also need to look for the software. Thank you.
Got it, alright check in with me here when you've done the uninstall, I'll be here checking messages every few hours through this week.
We uninstalled the All In One PH 7410 and reinstalled it. But the original software was for Windows. I still cannot get back to Entourgage that I was using prior to updating the Mac and I still cannot scan but 1 page at a time .
Everytihing was compatible until I updated the Mac
I agree, I didn't want you to re-install it. The original software will not work. We need to uninstall the original software completely and then download new compatible software from the web. The SNOW LEOPARD compatible software is here http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01664444&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=391194&sw_lang=&os=219 .... as for Entourage thats a completely separate issue.
I apologize. We did not re-instlall the original software. We did uninstall it and then went to the HP website and downloaded the Snow Leopard the compatible software. My daughter did this while I was out this morning. We can now scan multiple pages, but it still goes to Safari.

Previously the screen on the All In One would say Scan to Entourage. Now there is no such message.
I see, can you tell me all the options it lists? You can also try the application "Image Capture" in the Applications folder. This will connect to the scanner as well and may supply you a way to go straight to Entourage.

Edited by robgranholm on 6/15/2010 at 6:46 PM EST
This is what it list for Options .

1. Add to iphoto Library
2. Email Image
3. Email PDF
4. Open HP Scan
5.Open In Preview
6. Open iin PDF Preview
7.Save in Pictures
8. Save in Documents

When I tried to go to the Image Capture it will not let it go to Entourage. It will go to Documents, Pictures, Safari, but not Entourage.
and when you select "e-mail" it opens up Mail...correct?
I have tried Email Image and Email PDF and both open up in Safari.