Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Had to have my hard drive replaced and lost email - have reinstalled…

Customer Question
Had to have my hard...
Had to have my hard drive replaced and lost email - have reinstalled but can't remember password. Is there a way I can restore it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/14/2010
Mac Support Specialist: robgranholm, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
robgranholm
robgranholm, Mac Genius
-Could you explain your situation a little more? Are you trying to recover the password XXXXX your e-mail account? Who provides your e-mail? I don't think we can restore it but we can take the steps needed to reset it or figure it out.
Yes, I am trying to recover access to my email account which is through Thunderbird and is somehow attached to my web page which is hosted by Go Daddy. I have lost the password XXXXX the email account.
Aha, so it's a personal e-mail connected a website you own. Do you still have your GoDaddy password? You could reset the password XXXXX the GoDaddy website...I would need to confirm with them...let me know if you can login to GoDaddy.
I just checked with my web guy and he supplied all my passwords. Thanks anyway!
Heh, that's exactly what I was going to suggest...well done, glad to be a sounding board. Thanks.