Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I edited a Final Cut Pro movie and then saved it to my external…

Customer Question
I edited a Final Cut...
I edited a Final Cut Pro movie and then saved it to my external hard drive (Seagate 1 tera bite). I then proceeded to trash and empty the images left on my computer, because they were taking up too much space. When I went into my external hard drive and clicked on my video, a message came up that many of the images were missing. I am totally freaked out, because I have to hand this video in to my graduate program as my final project on Tuesday. Is there a way to safely recover my images from the trash? And why is this happening in the first place?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/14/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

Have you copied those images to your external hard drive ?
Yes, it is only on my external hard drive! That's the issue, I trashed the original on my computer. When I click final cut pro on the external hard drive it comes up and tells me that many of the images are missing. When I do a search for them, it tells me they have been trashed. The problem is, they were not trashed on the external hard drive, but only on the computer.
Open FCP, select the missing image file from the Project window and right click (control + click) on it. From the pop up menu, select Reconnect Media and from the Reconnect Media Window, select the correct image file from your external HD and click OK.
graphic
Let me know if that worked or not..

Best Regards,
I already tried this and it doesn't work!
Did you get any errors when you reconnect media ?