Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Im new user for MACBOOK ,I tried to insert WINDOWS 7 dvd in my dvd disk for reas …

Customer Question
I`m new user for MACBOOK...
I`m new user for MACBOOK ,I tried to insert WINDOWS 7 dvd in my dvd disk for reason to replace MAC OS it will happen
;when my mac (OS X 10.5) re-boots (after step it brings up a black screen thats says:
1.
2.
Select CD-ROM Boot Type:

and will not respond to anything. any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/13/2010
Mac Support Specialist: loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
loadedmind
loadedmind, Mac Support Specialist
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. Are you saying that you'd like to install Mac Boot Camp and put Windows 7 as that Boot Camp partition-ed version or are you saying that you have a MacBook and you're trying to REPLACE the existing Mac operating system with Windows 7? Please clarify what you're after so I can assist you further.

Regards,
No,for the moment I would just to know how to run my MacBook,because my mac (OS X ) re-boots (after step it brings up a black screen thats says: 1. 2. Select CD-ROM Boot Type: and will not respond to anything. any ideas?What do i have to do? to re-boot to my mac (OS X)?
Currently, the disc that's in your Macbook is the Windows 7 installation disc? If so, you need to first eject this disc, then reboot your computer. You can either hold the eject button on your Mac to try and eject it or you can power off the MacBook and, while powering it on, hold down the left mouse button or the eject button to remove the disc.

Please try this and let me know the results when convenient.

If the information I've provided meets with your approval and resolves your issue, please let me know and you can Accept the answer (and if possible, leave positive feedback). If not, please DO NOT Accept the answer. Instead, let me know what happened and we'll try some more things or I can refer you to another Expert who may be able to help you further.

Regards,
Hello! My disk windows 7 it doesn`t in my macbook,I already ejected the windows dvd,but the broblem it stays again,always it brings up a black screen thats says: 1. 2. Select CD-ROM Boot Type.
in addition in my question, before it happened when i inserted the windows 7 in my macbook in mac OS i choosed run with thi Windows 7 (it has 2 system Mac OS and network.....,add windows 7 because it was in my MacBook)
Please locate and insert the installation disc for Mac and see whether your MacBook will boot from it. As you boot your MacBook, press and hold the c key to try and boot from the disc. If successful, open Disk Utility and attempt First Aid on the hard drive. If there's data you need to try and restore, please let me know before we proceed.

Regards,