Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a second generation iPod and an apple is displayed on…

Customer Question
I have a second generation...
I have a second generation iPod and an apple is displayed on the screen. I can do nothing else. Please help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/13/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Jesse, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

What kind of iPod is it (e.g. Touch, Nano, Classic, etc.)?
Nano
Try holding the menu and center buttons together until it resets, while it's plugged into either a wall outlet or your computer.

The apple icon will disappers and then it comes back. Still the same problem.

Follow the instructions here for putting the iPod into disk mode. That should allow you to restore it from your computer, and set it back to factory settings, resolving any software or firmware issues.

I moved the toggle key

held the Menu and Select buttons at the same time

restarted my computer

reinstalled the updated iTunes

used a different USB cable

all still the same outcome

On iTunes I can no longer see my iPod to the left.

Im really tired and wish to continue this tomorrow.

Please whatever else you can suggest will really help. Goodnight

What you're seeing can also mean a memory hardware issue, and there is no way to revive the iPod. It does happen, especially with older models.

The only other thing to try is connecting it to another computer and seeing if iTunes recognizes it.