Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Hi. I just bought a Mac, had always used Windows in the past.

Customer Question
Hi. I just bought...
Hi. I just bought a Mac, had always used Windows in the past. I downloaded all music, files, pictures, etc. that were on my PC onto a flash drive I bought at Best Buy. They told me I'd be able to transfer everything from my old computer onto the Mac with the flash drive. It's all on the flash drive, but I can't get the flash to open on my Mac. Can you help me?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/12/2010
Mac Support Specialist: VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
What is the exact Model of the MAC? Do you also have an iPod?
I do have an ipod. It's a MacBook. Model number A1342 it says on the box
Now, are your music and stuff all on the Flash Drive? Next, do you have some DVD's or CD's around. There is a bit of a format issue that MAC will not see the USB drive as being formatted. If you have DVD's around, just copy your Library to those disk's. Windows and the MAC use the same formats for DVD's and CD's.