Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Hi there. I have a one year old MacBook with 4 GB memory, OS…

Customer Question
Hi there. I have a...
Hi there. I have a one year old MacBook with 4 GB memory, OS 10.5.8. I have wireless connection issues which arose yesterday. The connection suddenly broke. BT checked the lines, no issues there. It's a Mac issue. The location seems to be Airport. It tells me it is defaulting to a self-assigned IP number, which looks nonsensical, and leads nowhere, rather than my own BT 192.168.1.X. I can reset the IPv4 address manually in system extensions Network advanced, but that produces no change. Current status: no internet. Help! Nick S.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/12/2010
Mac Support Specialist: VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
Did you go to these points to manually set (Set a Static IP) in your MAC:

Under System Preferences>Network>Advanced>TCP/IP, how should the following be entered:
Configure IPv4:
IPv4 Address:
Subnet Mask:
Router:

Dear XXXXX

Thanks for your trouble, but I am afraid it took rather too long for me, and I got it fixed elsewhere. May I have a refund?

Best

Nick S.

OK. That is ok. I have told the JA folks to refund your deposit. Thank you considering JA.