Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When I go to the AOL home page and click on the mail button…

Customer Question
When I go to the...
When I go to the AOL home page and click on the mail button it never opens the log in window. It searches and after a while it gives up...Help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/12/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
BeBoo :

Hi there. Does this work for you? http://webmail.aol.com/

Customer: Hello BeBoo... that link works...It gets me to the sign in page.
Customer: Thanks for being there...Mark
BeBoo :

Great. They may have a coding error on their site or somethin preventing the page from fully loading. You can right-click that link and choose "Add Link to Bookmarks"

Customer: I understand but this is a challange for the rest of the family... I wish to use the get mail button the aol home page. Can I deleat the old home page and reload one that will work ?
Customer: welcome back
BeBoo :

Sorry, question locked on me

Customer: I can get to log on page with your link and when I google aolmail and use that link so I figured that my aol home page script may be hinky... Is there an aol file on my hard drive that I can delete and that would be reconstructed when I reopen the home page next time
BeBoo :

The only thing you can try is to Reset Safari. This removes any temp files that might be causing the issue. Use the Safari menu and choose Reset Safari. make sure all the options are checked and click Reset.

BeBoo :

This will cause this window to disappear

BeBoo :

so you might want to bookmark before you do this

Customer: Ok have bookmarked and will try this ...see you soon
BeBoo :

Good luck