Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

hi, i uploaded an apple update today..it really slowed down…

Customer Question
hi, i uploaded an apple...
hi, i uploaded an apple update today..it really slowed down the computer..anyone know what happened
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/11/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Jesse, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help.

First, open Disk Utility (located in your Appliations->Utilities folder), and run the Repair Permissions option. When that's finished, restart your comptuer while holding the Shift key on your keyboard. You only need to hold Shift until you see the Apple logo appear.

That should do it. If what I recommended doesn't help, or if you have additional questions, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.
diodnt help and it changed the font size on my screen
Do you remember what the update was for? And which version of Mac OS are you using?
mac os x 10.6.3

dont know what the update was for
Try downloading and reinstalling the 10.6.3 update (get it here).

If that doesn't work, you'll need to perform an Archive and Install from the grey restore disc that came with your Mac, or the Mac OS install disc if you upgraded your OS. Simply insert the disc in your computer, restart while holding the C key on your keyboard, and go through the installation.

This won't erase your personal information, just reinstall the system, and in all likelihood, resolve the issue.