Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ive tried to open itunes but it says the copy is corrupt tried…

Customer Question
I've tried to open itunes...
I've tried to open itunes but it says the copy is corrupt tried to download itunes same result now what?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/11/2010
Mac Support Specialist: VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
Hello, thank you for choosing JustAnswer for your IT needs. I am aware of this issue and have a solution for you to try: Please see below:

Quit iTunes if open, and then navigate to /Volumes » iPod_name » iPod_Control » iTunes (you'll need to have the Finder set to show invisibles). Then trash the corrupt iTunesDB file and reopen iTunes -- your iPod should show up normally, with an empty music library. Open all the F00-F49 (or whatever) folders in /Volumes » iPod_name » iPod_Control » Music, and drag the audio files (not the folders) onto the iPod icon in the iTunes sidebar.

Let me know if this works for you as soon as you are done trying it.