Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My new MAC portable finds my wireless modem as long as it is…

Customer Question
My new MAC portable finds...
My new MAC portable finds my wireless modem as long as it is functioning as a MAC. When running Vista it won't even try - only looks for dial up. How fix?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/10/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 8 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you

How did you installed Windows on your Mac ? Bootcamp, Parallels or ??
Bootcamp.
Have you installed latest bootcamp update ?

Which version of Vista is this ? 32 bit or 64 bit ?
I'm sure it is 32 bit. It worked on a previous macbookair. Maybe I'm just doing the wrong things. Maybe if you walked me through the usual approach it would work.
I'd try my best. First i want you to install these two updates from Apple.

Download and install this Boot Camp Drivers Update 2.2 for Windows, then restart your Mac and then install this Boot Camp Software Update 3.1 for Windows 32 bit. Then restart your Mac and see if it recognize the Wireless. Let me know if that worked or not..

Best Regards,

Edited by Ashik on 6/10/2010 at 8:37 PM EST
Sorry, links didn't added in the previous post..here is the updated.

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician
I am making progress. I have downloaded the first of these files onto the thumb drive using my desktop machine. The second one says it will take 20 minutes. Then I will try putting into the portable. I haven't given up yet and still hope your solution will work when I manage to do it.
I am going to pay you even though the problem is not yet solved, because I think your solution will ultimately work. The machine would not let me install either of those files until after I had installed various service packs. Working the way I am that will take days, but it should solve the problem when I am done. It appears to have been caused by a mismatch of the new MAC operating system and a too old Windows one.
Sorry for the delay..I have some questions :
"...files until after I had installed various service packs." What are those various service packs ? Have you installed any third party drivers ?

I will continue to help until i give up...