Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have placed the hard drive from my defunct G5 into an external…

Customer Question
I have placed the hard...
I have placed the hard drive from my defunct G5 into an external case with USB connection. When I connected it to my new computer it showed up on the desktop and I was able to open it. I pulled all the files from it into the trash so I could use it to backup photos. I then renamed it and it disappeared! I have been unable to get it to appear again. Help! Do I need to reformatt and how?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2010
Mac Support Specialist: MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
MacTechTrainer :

What type of external hard drive are you using, in regards XXXXX XXXXX brand name and model?

MacTechTrainer :

(i.e. WD Free Agent 320GB External HD, or Iomega eGo 1TB External HD, etc)

Customer:

OK, The hard drive is a Western Digital WD800 80 GB

MacTechTrainer :

Thanks for your reply. So to make sure I understand what you are seeking, with the WD 800 80 GB now in a USB enclosure, you are seeking to wipe the drive, and if so are you planning on using that drive with another Mac computer?

Chat Conversation Ended

Your expert is gathering additional information and will be back with you shortly.
Sorry for the abrupt halt to our session. The page I was responding to you on from JustAnswer.com failed to open for awhile, which is what caused me to delay in responding to you.

I am still here to help so let me know if you are online and I will continue assisting you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Terry
I think I've figured it out for myself. Thanks.
[Do Not Reply To Post- Closing Response From Mac Expert]

No worries, glad to read that your issue is resolved.
Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com for your Mac technical needs. Please be sure to visit us again if you have need for more of your Mac technical questions answered.

Best Regards,

-Terry ("Mactechtrainer")

Edited by MacTechTrainer on 6/9/2010 at 11:27 PM EST