Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I need a mac pro to help me with this problem! http //w

Customer Question
I need a mac pro...
I need a mac pro to help me with this problem!

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3ll0f-if-anyone-can-help-me-youll-be-my-hero-i-recently-changed
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mac
6/9/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Mac Genius
Chat Conversation Started
Daniel :

Hello, my name is Dan.

Daniel :

I can probably help you but first I need to know what you need help with. A detailed description of your problem would be quite helpful.

Customer:

Hi Dan,

Customer:

Let's see where do I start? James was trying to figure it out on here yesterday and we tried a few things;

Customer:

1. he determined it was not

Customer:

I keep messing up the chat messages by hitting return. ha

Customer:

From the start: I changed my password XXXXX earthlink webmail a few weeks ago and it somehow messed up my thunderbird, even after I've changed the passwords in there and have utilized the correct incoming and outgoing addresses and port numbers. After going into the terminal and trying a to get in that way, he determined it was not TB but rather a firewall on my computer (which I think I've gotten rid of them and trashed them.--don't know for sure though.) There's a detailed report of the problem in the link I included with the question and you can see all the detailed things we tried to correct the problem.

Daniel :

I have read through your exchanges with James, he was pretty thorough. I do have a few questions that you might clear up.

Daniel :

Have you rebooted your machine? Can you tell me the version of your MacOS X? Are you using the Mail app that came with the Mac? I am not real clear on that.

Daniel :

When you answered me last night just about one o'clock my time I was already in bed, sorry I missed it.

Daniel :

Unless you have a compelling reason for the antivirus software I strongly recommend getting rid of all of it. Macs are not immune as some people think, they are however, extremely resistant and have its own built-in firewalls.

Daniel :

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Customer:

Daniel, good news; After rebooting (after trashing all the firewalls James suggested I do, I opened up thunderbird and it gave me prompts to add the passwords! I'm back! Thank you for the comments above. I'd like to let James know about this. Is there a way I can contact him? thanks again Daniel, I'm sure we'll be talking again in the future. ha Stewart

Daniel :

I can forward this to him so he will know. Is that OK?

Daniel :

I was tied up so I could not reply sonner.

Customer:

I'd appreciate that Daniel! thanks again Stewart

Daniel :

Will do.