Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

i have lost most of my itune library. the song title is their

Customer Question

i have lost most of my itune library. the song title is their but the song wont play. all i get is a message saying can not locate file, to locate click here but i can't find where to find the file. can any one help me as to date i must have lost 8500 songs, not all but just about.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 7 years ago.
hello there! i would love to help. So itunes doesnt copy your music when u add it to the library. itunes keeps the file where it was copied originally if that folder where the music file was kept is moved you will get the above symbol. The easiest way to get it all back if the music files were just moved and not deleted is to readd all the music. To do this go to file then add folder/file to library and add your macintosh hd.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
where do i find the file
If your referring to the instructions then open itunes and click on the word file to the right of the word itunes in the gray bar above.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i'm sorry but i cant find any of my lost files.
if finder cant locate them doing what i posted above adds every music file to itunes that is on the hard drive. If doing the above still doesn't show the songs then they have been deleted permanently.
hello there! Were you able to get this to work? If not please post here again.