Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My HP all-in-one printer C3180 has stopped printing. The copier

function is working. The iYogi says...
My HP all-in-one printer C3180 has stopped printing. The copier function is working. The
iYogi says there is a problem with the software settings in the computer. I have a Mac with
OS X 10.4.
6/1/2010
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Hello there! I would love to help. Have u tried reinstalling the drivers?
No, I haven't considered reinstalling the drivers. How do I do that?
here is the link to the drivers. http://tinyurl.com/3af5896 . make sure to select » HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X v10.3.9, v10.4 and v10.5. If this works let me know by accepting my answer thanks!
I googled the link you listed above twice and got the answer : "no documents
matched it." When I tried a sponsored link for tinyurl that was listed at the left, it opened
a screen for Microsoft only. What next?
a screen for Microsoft only. What next?

when opening that link u have to make sure and click in the middle box that says select your operating system. I checked the link and it is working correctly.
Once again when I Googled http://tinyurl.com/3af5896 I got the answer that it
matched no documents. I don't get to a screen that allows me to select an ooperating
system.
oh thats why u cant google that link just copy and paste it into your browser.
How do I paste the link into my browser?
to paste the link fist highlight it then right click( control+click) copy. Then go to the address bar of firefox. Right click(control+click) in the bar and select paste.
What is the address bar of Firefox?
the address bar is where you type the website you want to visit ie www.justanswers.com
The problem is that my computer is programed for Firefox to open with Google, i.e.
when I open Firefox, the address bar is Google's. When I tried Safari as an alternative,
it also opened to Google.
it also opened to Google.

You replied

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 9:20 PM EST

it also opened to Google.
Edit
Thats fine thats just your start page the address bar is where it says www.google.com if you cannot see the bar make sure that it is activated. To do this open firefox then go to view ( at the top) and select toolbars then navigation toolbar.
I opened Firefox, went to View, and selected the navigation toolbar, but nothing changed. Google still occupied the address panel.
so are able to see the address bar great! Go ahead and copy and paste the link provided earlier then.
I did what you suggested, but had the same result as before-- the address doesn't match any documents--because I haven't gotten rid of Google. (See my last
response before thisonoe.)
I was unable to open http://tinyurl.com/3af5896 because of Google. My address bar is
Google's and the navigation bar didn't change that. Have you a suggestion for the next
step?
yes we will have to do it the old fashion way step by step :). First I want you to google C3180 then the first link that pops up click on it it should be for HP. Once you have opened the site you will see the image of your printer directly to the right of this image is a icon that has a cd with the arrow pointing down. Click on this icon. Then select the operating system in this case mac osx and click next. Then we need to go below to where it says step 2 download and click on the word drivers there should be a number 4 next to it. then you will see the 4 downloads. Download only HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X v10.3.9, v10.4 and v10.5. Then install the apps. Let me know if this works.
I"ll try this now and report back.
I googled C3180 and was linked with a number of sites. The first one was for
selling ink, the second was for a customer care contract, etc. What is the title of
the link you want me to open?
it should say HP Photosmart C3180 All-in-One Printer - HP Customer Care (United ....
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
At the end of the download (took 45 mins.) this message appeared:
/Users/marycooley/Desktop/HP_Installer_PSC3100_v.9.7.1.d
could not be saved because an unknown error occured. Try saving
to a different location. (I saved it to the desktop.)

On the desktop the icon of a document appeared. Underneath it was labeled
NME + UjSX.part and A text message also showed: "operation couldn't be complete .
unexpected error occurred (error code 10660)." I get the same message when I download a PDF document but I have found a way to get around it.
On my list of downloads, for this last download it reads: HP_installer_PSC3100_v.9.7.1.
dmg failed-hp.com

I'd like to say goodnight and resume in the morning.
Johnny  Mack
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist