Arty
Arty, Computer Science Teacher
Experience:  MacOS CLI
31145473

hi, i dont think you can help me but i have 14k songs on iTunes

Customer Question

hi, i dont think you can help me but i have 14k songs on iTunes and when i tried to upgrade to windows7 the part where you're supposed to deauthorize the computer before install didn't show up until i was halfway finished installing 7. i get messages whenever i open itunes about compatibility mode. apple said its ms, ms said its apple, i just want to listen to my music.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Arty replied 7 years ago.
Hi.

> contacted Apple and MS about running iTunes without having to click ok to run in compatibility mode.

Is this the only problem (I mean that you should click to run in compatibility mode every time you run iTunes) or something is not working after you had started it?

Regards,
Arty
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

hi, when i start itunes a box opens that says itunes has been set to run in comp. mode for an older version of windows. for best results please turn off compatibility mode for itunes before you open it. itunes wont open until i close the box. there is no clear way to do this from apple or ms. both say it's an issue with the other.

thanks, ramon

Expert:  Arty replied 7 years ago.
You may configure iTunes to run in compatibility mode without asking your confirmation.
Here is a link how to setup this. Default iTunes.exe file location is in C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe navigate there in file explorer (just enter C:\Program Files\iTunes\ in File explorer address bar), then configure compatibility mode for iTUnes.exe

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Arty
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it still doesn't work without the comp.window opening. it switched from a windows xp.sevicepack 3 to vista service pack 2 but i still have to close the comp mesg box to use itunes.
Expert:  Arty replied 7 years ago.
Is this message appears only when you are logging into the system or only when you are running iTunes?

Can you post here the exact message as-is?

Regards,
Arty
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

only happens when i run itunes.

itunes

iTunes.exe has been swt to run in compatibility mode for an older version of windows.

For best results, turn off compatibility mode for iTunes before you open it.

Expert:  Arty replied 7 years ago.
Here is a Microsoft article on how to turn off these warnings.

Or another possible way, go here, scroll down to 'OPTION ONE', download .reg file and install it into your registry.

Hope this helps. Reboot may be required.

Regards,
Arty