Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

Do you or someone in your organization, is familiar with the

Customer Question

Do you or someone in your organization, is familiar with the fact that Aplle and At&T are in partnership in conspiracy to undermine the consumer and that in fact you are practicing a monopoly. I have purchased a iPhone 3G in the secondary market, a phone that was working with At&T before I purchased it. I do not wan to use it whith At&T. When I loog in to iTunes, I was asked if I wan to upgrade the phone. Afcause, I agreed and only to find out that now I can not use the phone at all. It is lucked. Now that is a monopoly and I am doing to do something about it. I will afcause reach the "Consumer Protection Agency" to start with, and then I will be looking in to a legal action.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 7 years ago.
Hi there,

I honestly am not sure what you are going on about. Apple and AT&T DO have a partnership, it's called an exclusive contract. It basically states that AT&T is the only retailer of the iPhone. That contract has actually expired and Apple did not want to renew it. If you wish to use the iPhone on another network, it needs to be unlocked so you can use a different SIM card. You will have to contact either AT&T or an unlocking firm to get the code to unlock it. I'm not sure what versions you are referring to (05.11 and 05.12) because those are not versions of the iPhone OS (currently at 3.1.3, I believe).

Hope this information is helpful.

Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What I am toking about is something you may or do not know anything about. I am sorry to say this BeBoo, but I am refuring to a firmware. 3.1.2 has a firmware from the factory of 05.11...ect, and I ugraded the phone through iTunes to 3.1.3 and firmware of 05.12...ect. I think you write when you say I should get in tuch with someone, like Apple. Thanks for your responce.
Ah, you are talking about the baseband version. Does this help you?

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/02/07/downgrade-iphone-3-1-3-to-3-1-2/

Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes! OK! I have now higher version than I need. Apple than is responsible for my problem and I need to talk to them. I understain that you cannot help. Is that correct?
Yes, I suggest that you either call Apple directly at 1-800-APL-CARE or make an appointment at the Apple Store for the Genius Bar. They can help as well. You can find the closest Apple Store below. Calling them would probably yield the best results as they are trained.

http://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well, I was thinking that I was going to talk to someone from iTunes, instate I end-up tolking to you. Do you think I should pay you for telling me that which I allredy now?
Sorry, this is a third party website for support. The decision to accept my answer is totally up to you. If you feel I should be paid for my time or my information, feel free to accept.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
Brandon
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do I leave a positive feedback? How do I get my money back?
You can leave positive feedback only after accepting. If you wish for a refund, please email the JustAnswer admins [email protected] and reference this question.

Best Regards,
Brandon