Norton 2010 is known for causing such issues.
Before we continue, I suggest that you uninstall Norton. We can either do that the hard way or the following way:
- Click Start Button > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
- Choose to Restore to an earlier time > Click Next.
- Choose a date at least a few days before you installed Norton.
- Click NEXT > NEXT > NEXT.
- Your computer will now restart.
My opinion on Norton is that the software is not the greatest. I always suggest that you use a free version of Antivirus called "Avast". Like I said, it is free and in my opinion is far better than Norton. It doesn't slow your system down as Norton does and it keeps you just as protected, if not better.
A link to the aforementioned Antivirus program follows: http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10019223.html
- Click the Download now link and install Avast.
Please, report back with your status.
Thank you // Peace.