MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Desktop & Portables Technician, A+, Cross-Platform (Mac/PC) Tech - for over 14 Years
15556539

My I mac makes a dull noise like when you get the password

Customer Question

My I mac makes a dull noise like when you get the password XXXXX then try to log in.
Category: Mac
Expert:  MacTechTrainer replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for asking your question,
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you provide me with the following information, so I can better assist you with your technical question:
• What version of Mac OS X are you using on your Mac?
(i.e. "Mac OS X 10.5.6 or Mac OS X 10.4.11, etc" -)

• So are you trying to access logging in to your Mac but are unable to?

• Also, do you have the Mac OS X installation disc for your Mac?

Your answers to the questions I have submitted, will allow me to work with more detailed information, in order to effectively answer your question.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
mac osx leapord.
everything seems to be running fine but there is a dull thud every once in i may have the disk
Thanks for your reply.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• First shutdown your Mac off.

• Once your Mac is shutdown, you will need to perform what is called a PRAM reset (Parameter RAM)

• Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously .

• Turn on the computer.
• Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.

• Now, hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the third time.

• Release the keys and allow the Macbook to start up.

• Please update me to let me know if this works.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to reply to this post, as I am always ready to assist. Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry