Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I amusing an iPhone and each time I attempt to use my email,

I amusing an iPhone and each time I attempt to use my email, I receive a message that says "The connection to the outgoing server "smtp.mac.com" failed. Additional Outgoing mail Servers can be configured in Settings>Mail, contacts and Calendars."
What can I do to configure my iPhone to send mail? I do have mobileme
Hello!
From the looks of it you have the wrong smtp server setup. Delete the smtp.mac.com and add smtp.me.com. Let me know if this works.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do I delete it? On my phone smtp.mac.com is the primary server. How do I change it?
Glad you asked! Just need to go to Settings>Mail, contacts and Calendars>your account>account info>smtp click on the primary server then click the on button off. go back to smtp and then click add server.At this point u will get a screen that says host name,user name and password.
put smtp.me.com as the host name and your user name ( [email protected] just the joe part not the @me) then the password XXXXX your email.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was able to change the server as you advised. However, I will have to check if it allows me to send email from the iPhone. The previous message no longer appears--thus I think the problem is resolved.
Thanks
No problem and thank you for your business! Let me know if you still have issues.