Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hi im getting a General Error (just says general error -

Customer Question
Hi im getting a "General...
Hi im getting a "General Error" (just says general error - not general error 41) when rendering. Any way anyone can help. I still have 148 GB's left on my HD so it's not a HDrive problem.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel, Mac Genius replied 7 years ago
Daniel, Mac Genius
Hello, my name is Dan.
This can be caused by a lot of different things.
I suggest starting with permissions repair done with Disk Utility found in Applications/Utilities.
graphic
That's the first thing I would try. The next thing would be a safe boot, this is done by restarting and holding down the 'Shift' key until the Apple logo and the spinning gear.
Then letting go, it would take longer to load because it is running repair routines, when the login screen appears it will have in red 'Safe Boot'.
Login and give it a few more minutes to finish loading.
Restart normally after this because you don't want to run in safe mode.
The next thing I suggest is this maintenance widget that goes into your dashboard.
This will actually do the permissions repair without having to use Disk Utility if you so choose, it also runs cache cleaners and log rotations for daily, weekly and monthly.
The last thing that I have to recommend is also the most expensive.
This rebuilds the directory and puts things back in order so that the finder has a much easier time finding.
It costs about $100 but it is well worth every penny, my very favorite utility.
Let me know what you think.
Daniel, Mac Genius
Error: could not unmount disk. I highlighted the Hard Disk I'm using for this project named volume "FreeAgent Drive"
What does the error i'm getting "Could not unmount disk" mean.
That means that the disk could not be ejected from the desktop.
I suggest selecting restart from the Apple menu and if that fails then hold down the power button until it shuts down.
Make sure that you perform the safe boot when you turn it back on after a forced shutdown.
Daniel, Mac Genius