Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

How do I delete artists from my IPod Touch

Customer Question
?...
How do I delete artists from my IPod Touch ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
4/1/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast replied 7 years ago
Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Hello, I am John Cappuccio, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Are you talking about an application or music ?

Thank you
music

You need to UNCHECK the unwanted music on iTunes and then sync your Ipod.

1- Open iTunes

2- Click Music under "Library" on the left

3- You will see the list of your music, all of them have a tiny square checked

4- UNCHECK the music you don't want on your iPod

5- Then connect your iPod to your computer (if it is not connected yet)

6- Right click yout Ipod under "DEVICES" on the left, and click Sync

Thank you

John Cappuccio

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1* Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2* Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3* Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4* Any bonus will be greatly appreciated Smile
I have gone to itunes, but am not finding the area on the left to click on. I must not be getting to the right website. How do I do that?

You have to open iTunes on your computer, not the website.

1- Go to Start, All programs, iTunes to open it

Thank you

John Cappuccio

I tried opening itunes from All Programs and I just get an error report. Why won't it open it?

What EXACT error message do you get ?

iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.--It also give me the option to send an error report.

I had to try 3 times before anything came up.

Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the software completely and then re-install it:

1- Uninstall iTunes software going to Start, Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs

2- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 and click on "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now" to download and install this tool

3- Remove the iTunes application using this tool.

4- Restart the computer.

5- Reinstall iTunes going to ---> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

6- After iTunes is reinstalled please restart your computer

Thank you

John Cappuccio

John -

This is SO FRUSTRATING! I removed iTunes software by going to Start, Control Panel, Add & Remove programs (clicked on remove). Then I downloaded and saved Windows Install Cleanup. I clicked on Windows Install Cleanup and couldn't find iTunes, so don't know how to remove iTunes using it. I restarted the computer. I downloaded and saved iTunes, restarted the computer, now I can't find iTunes anywhere. What in the heck did I do wrong??? Sorry to be so much trouble. Diane

John -

This is SO FRUSTRATING! I removed iTunes software by going to Start, Control Panel, Add & Remove programs (clicked on remove). Then I downloaded and saved Windows Install Cleanup. I clicked on Windows Install Cleanup and couldn't find iTunes, so don't know how to remove iTunes using it. I restarted the computer. I reinstalled iTunes, restarted the computer, now I can't find iTunes anywhere. What in the heck did I do wrong??? Sorry to be so much trouble. Diane

Are you sure you reinstalled itunes ?

Go to Start, All programs, and click on iTunes to open it

Thank you

Hi John-

Well, you were right. I hadn't completed the installation. I have now done that and the list that showed up on my computer was not the same list as on my ipod. It was all stuff I didn't want, so I used your instructions to get rid of those and they are gone. But when my ipod is plugged in and synced, the computer shows no music in my library, but the iphone shows a list. How do I get that list on the computer so that I can delete the music on the ipod that I don't want? At least I am making progress and I thank you!

Diane

Please follow the steps on link below:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1848

Thank you

John Cappuccio

4* Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

I went to this website, authorized my computer - that part is done. But then plugging in my ipod does not pull up itunes. When I go to itunes thru Start, All Programs, Itunes, my device does not show up on the left side. And when I click on Library, Music there is no list, but a screen where I can go to a tutorial about itunes or go to buy itunes. If I can just get my device to show up, I think we can get this done. We are very close. What do I need to do to get my device to show up? Also, when I just plug in the ipod, it does not pull up itunes - I had to go thru Start, etc to get itunes.

Thanks

I am sorry but I am out of ideas. I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you.

Thank you
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel, Mac Genius replied 7 years ago
Daniel, Mac Genius
Hello, my name isXXXXX has referred you to me and I will try to help you fix this.
This site has the how to reconstruct your iTunes Library from your iPod.
I do not know what iPod you have but the site covers them all.
Read it through carefully before doing anything.
Let me know.

I just read your answer and am heading to the airport - will be gone a week. I will have to try this when I return. Sorry this couldn't be resolved before I left.

Diane

No problem Diane, just make sure that you bookmark this page so that you can return to this thread.
Have a good week wherever it is you are going.

Hi Dan,

I am back in town and ready to try this again. My problem is the entire bible is on my ipod. It was on my computer and when I got my ipod and put music on it, it also put the bible on it. I want the bible on the computer, but not the ipod. The artist reading the bible is XXXXX XXXXX. Is there any way to simply delete everything by XXXXX XXXXX?

What I thought would be a simple task has turned into a bit of a nightmare - sorry for the hassle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your sister in Christ Jesus

Daniel, Mac Genius