Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

After ugrading AOL on an IMAC the all parts of the email program

Customer Question
works but send. It is...
After ugrading AOL on an IMAC the all parts of the email program works but send. It is greyed out.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Scott, The Computer Man, Mac Support Specialist replied 7 years ago
Scott, The Computer Man
Scott, The Computer Man, Mac Support Specialist

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you with your email problem but first I need some more information. Can you please tell me which version of Mac OS X you are using, which version of AOL you are using and which software won't send email, is it the AOL software? Thanks.

-Scott

It is the AOL software that won't send. AOL® Desktop for Mac 1.5. The os is 10.5

Ok this can be caused by several issues, so let's see if we can figure out what is going on.

Please let me know how you connect to the internet is it DSL, Cable, Dial-Up?

Are you sure you're connected to the internet, sometimes if there is no internet connection it won't let you send the message?

Are you "signed-in" on the AOL Software, if you compose a message without being signed in then you won't be able to send it?

Do you have the email addressed to the person you'd like to send it to, the message cannot be sent without addressing it?

One other thing...do you see the Send Button and it is grayed out or is there no send button at all?

Please check all these things and let me know if they all check out, then we'll take it from there.

-Scott

I was helping my mother in-law over the phone. It appears that after the upgrade there are two versions in her computer. She started from the applications menu instead of the AOL on the task bar. When She started the AOL from the task bar the program asked her to login and the email worked. Hopefully there is a way to remove the rogue AOL

This does make a lot of sense, so what you are saying is the one on the dock allows her to login and use email and such. However when you try to launch the other one that's the one that isn't working. I'm not sure what you mean by "Applications Menu" are you referring to the Application Folder on the Hard Drive?

Perhaps if you had her take a screen shot by clicking Command-Shift-3 and attaching it to the message I would get a better idea of which AOL you'd like to remove. Then I can help you with that process. Thanks.

Yes the application folder. I think it is something that will be much easier to fix when I am sitting at her computer. I will be able to see whats going on. Now that she knows to launch from the task bar it should be okay until I get a chance to look at it. Thank You for your help.

Ok you're welcome. If it is in the Application Folder then you should simply be able to drag the rogue AOL to the trash and that will get rid of it. It's pretty easy to delete applications on the Mac compared to a PC. Let me know if you need any further assistance and please don't forget to click the green "Accept Answer" button. Thank you.

-Scott

Scott, The Computer Man
Scott, The Computer Man
Scott, The Computer Man