Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I can not play songs fom my new ipod touch 3 g on itunes

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Scott, The Computer Man replied 7 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you with your iPod problem, but I do need a little more information. I'm not sure what you mean by play songs from your iPod on iTunes? Do you mean sync songs to your new iPod?

-Scott

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No Scott...I've been able to sync songs no problem. While in iTunes my touch will not play any songs. Additionally I can not edit any playlist or songs. I have an older iPod any it works just fine while connected to itunes.
Ok I understand better now, I'm learning a bit more about your problem. Let me ask you this, are you trying to play the songs directly on your iPod Touch while connected to iTunes, meaning are you turning on the iPod Touch launching the iPod App and then selecting a song to play? Or are you clicking on the iPod in the navigation bar in iTunes going to the Music category and then seeing the songs grayed out? Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I solved the problem thanks.

Lamont
Ok no problem