Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I just downloaded itunes to my computer and wanted to start

Customer Question

I just downloaded itunes to my computer and wanted to start my new ipod touch, I think I did the wrong thing and went out of the site & thought I could do it off my desk top, but I cant. I am new at this, please what can I do.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Does your iPod shows the USB Cable pointing to iTunes ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes it does.
Expert:  David Kirk replied 7 years ago.

If you completed the installation of iTunes, you would open iTunes and add music. You can connect your iPod touch at any point. By default it should sync any music you add to iTunes to the iPod until it is full. You can also change this to manual and select the exact songs you want synced to it.

Is this on Windows or Mac?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am on Windows but shouldn't there be on screen instructions to activate all applications, if so, where do I find them?
Well, after downloading iTunes, did you launch the installer? If so, there should be an iTunes shortcut on the desktop and in the start menu under All Programs.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Did you installed iTunes ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I did & although it said I had downloaded it successfully, I still cant do anything with it.
What happens when you launch iTunes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It just opens up telling me what Albums I can buy.
Do you already have music you can add to iTunes, or a CD to rip into it? It's probably doing that because you don't have any music in it yet.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry to keep wasting your time, my computer keeps freezing especially when I go into Itunes, so I am convinced now that maybe it didn't download properly, do you think it would be best to uninstall it & start again?
Is this a Windows computer or Mac? How old is the machine? Reinstallilng it is worth a shot, but there may be something else going on.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Uninstall iTunes and reinstall it. Download and install iTunes from here. Once you finished install, restart your computer. Now connect your iPod to computer with the USB Cable. Your iPod will be appeared on the left column under Devices tab. Select it and click the Restore button which is under Summary tab. This should restore your iPod and after that you can add Photos, Musics, Games and Apps with iTunes.
graphic

If that didn't worked, do a small reset on your iPod and then try to Restore from iTunes.
Press and hold down the power and home button for 10+ seconds and iPod will automatically restarts and returned to that screen and then try to restore.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience: Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc