Jesse
Jesse, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Life-long Apple Geek & Power User, 10+Years Apple Experience
27955634

I took a back up on the time machine of of old mac book pro,

I took a back up on the time machine of of old mac book pro, how do i dowload the same in the exact same manner on my new mac book pro???
When you first turn on your new Macbook Pro, it will give you the option to migrate your data from another computer, or a Time Machine backup. Plug in the drive you use for your Time Machine backup, and choose the later option.

If you've already started up the computer, you can do the same thing by going to your Applications->Utilities folder, and opening MIgration Assistant.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have additional questions regarding the issue.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi jesse,
I have forgotten the log in password XXXXX my mac book pro, fortunately I haven't logged out, how do i reset the password??? Will it go go to factory settings and I will loose all the data??
If you've forgotten your Mac's User password, you'll need the gray restore discs that came with the computer. Insert them into the machine, and restart while holding down the "C" key. Once it's finished restarting, you should be at the Mac OS installation screen.

From there, go to the Tools menu at the top of the screen, and select Reset Password. Here you can change the password XXXXX any User on the computer. Once you're finished, quit the Reset Password XXXXX and restart the computer like normal.