Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

CANT RESTART MY MAC IN OS X OR VISTA... ITS STUCK ON WINDOW

CAN'T RESTART MY MAC IN...
CAN'T RESTART MY MAC IN OS X OR VISTA... ITS STUCK ON WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER
I INSTALLED VISTA ON BOOTCAMP AND NOW I CANT RESTART BACK IN MAC BECAUSE I CANT GET INTO WINDOWS
3/2/2010
Claws224, IEEE Datacommunication Engineer

Cna you press and hold the power button down till your Mac turn off then wait 5 seconds and power it back up.

As soon as you let go of the power button can you press and hold the Option button down until you come to the OSX boot menu and you should then see an icon for the different installed disks on your machine, If you can clik the one that has OSX on it then hit the right hand arrow and let me know if you can then boot back to OSX.

If you have any issues please let me know

Thanks

ALL I GET IS A LOCK ASKING FOR SOMESORT OF PASSWORD XXXXX I TRIED ALL MY PASSWORDS NOTHING WORKS

Ok,

As the machine is starting up do you see the Apple icon and the loading wheel prior to the lock coming up?

If so do you have the OSX disk for your machine?

Thanks

NO I DONT SEE THE MAC LOGO ON IT

Ok,

when you shut the Mac down then power it back up can you tell me if you see anything before the lock appears?

Thanks

THE LOCK ONLY APPEARS WHEN I HOLD THE OPTION BUTTON OTHERWISE IT GOES TO WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER.I GET A FLASHING CURSER TOP LEFT OF SCREEN AND THEN NOOT MANAGER SAYING WINDOWS FAILED TO START

Ok,

Does the lock screen look like this?

graphic

If so can you tell me what model your Mac is?

Thanks

MACBOOK PRO15 INCH

Ok,

Can you shut the machine down then pull the battery and disconnect the power cord and once removed can you then press and hold down the power button for a full 30 seconds then connect the power adapter and power up the machine.

As soon as you let go of the power button can you then press and hold down the Command+Option+P+R keys and keep them held till you hear the statup chime twice then let go and immediately press and hold the Option key and let me know if the boot menu will now open or if you still get the lock.

Thanks

DIDNT GET 2 CHIMES TRIED IT TWICE GOES TO WINDOWS AGAIN

Ok,

In that case how comfortable do you feel removing the memory sticks from your machine?

Let me know so I can give you the steps.

Thanks

I'M GAME TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Ok,

If you turn the machine over and remove the battery then unplug the power adapter.

Once you have done that you should see the RAM cover where the battery was located.

Can you open that up then let me know how many sticks of RAM you have, If you have two can you just remove one of them then connect the power adapter and reset the PRAM three times by pressing Command + Option + P + R as you power it up and listen for 3 chimes then let go and let the machine boot up.

once it has booted can you then shut it down and pull the power again and replace the RAM then pt the cover and battery back in place and try to boot with the Option key held down and let me know if you can now get the boot menu to come up or not

If you have any issues can you refer to this Apple document to remove the memory http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1270

Thanks

YES I NEVER SEEN THIS MENU BUT ITS UP THERE

Ok,

can you clarify which menu?

Thanks

THE BOOT MENU WHICH ASKS WHICH SYSTEM TO RESTART IN... BY REMOVING THE RAM WE REMOVED THE PASSWORD XXXXX THE LOCK WAS ASKING FOR?
I NOW RESTARTED IN MAC PERFECTLY...

Great,

I do not know how but you managed to activate the open firmware password XXXXX however it should be gone permanenly now so you should be good to go.

Let me know if you need anything else

Thanks

GREAT THANKS FOR YOR HELP... I HAVE A SEPARATE QUESTION FOR YOU NOT A TECHNICAL ONE... FIRST CAN I TIP YOU?.. AND SECOND HOW MUCH OF THE 13$ GOES DIRECTLY TO YOU. (JUST BECAUSE I THINK THIS WEBSITE IS A GREAT BUSINESS IDEA AND I AM CURIOUS AS TO HOW IT WORKS?)

Ok,

If you are happy with the answer and wish to leave a bonus you can do so after you hit the accept, although that is not necessary.

As to the payment splits, We have 4 tiers of expert and as you progress you get a greater amount of the accepted amount, Unfortunatley I am not allowed to discuss the amount, But if you are a specialist in any of our categories, from Mechanical to Medical or Computers to Campers you are more than welcome to apply to be an expert and the stages, etc are all laid out as part of the application.

If you are interested all you have to do is click here http://www.justanswer.com/expert.aspx

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

NOPE GREAT THANKS ALOT FOR EVERYTHING HAVE A GREAT NIGHT