Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

When I last asked a question it concerned inability to find

When I last asked a question it concerned inability to find a driver to download for my Phaser 8560dn printed which I have been unable to use since Installing Snow Leopard. I was given a quite long formula to use which did bring up a Driver to download and I then was asked if that solved my problem and I answered yes. Hoewever when I attempted to download this appeared to happen but then instead of appearing on my desktop to be installed it completely disappeared and I have not been able to find it anywhere. Now I think this is another aberation of snow leopard. Do you have a resolution for this?
Hi there,

The download should be in your downloads folder. You can find that by going to the Finder (the happy face icon on the left of the dock), use the Go menu and choose Home. Open up the Downloads folder. Do you see a file that mentions Phaser or 8560? If so, double-click it. It's most likely a dmg file which is a disk image. When opening it, it will place an icon on your desktop that contains the installer. If you restart or drag this icon to the trash, it will disappear but can be brought back by opening the file in your Downloads folder.

The installer for your driver will be in the icon on your desktop. Make sure you run it so that the drivers get installed properly.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Brandon