Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Theres something wrong with my Administrator account. I tri

Customer Question
There's something wrong with my...
There's something wrong with my Administrator account. I tried to change the password XXXXX it is giving me this message: CSSM_ERRCODE_MEMORY_ERROR. I also could not log on using this account. It says "Logging in to the account failed because an error occurred." I could not reset the password XXXXX well though I know the master password. What should I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
3/1/2010
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 7 years ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
When did this problem start? Have you recently installed an antivirus program called "VirusBarrier X5" or any other program?
the problem started 4 days ago. i did not add anything to my computer.
Ok, I am opting out of this question and allowing another expert to take over.

I wish you luck.
ok thanks
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

Do you have the Mac OS X installation disks with you ?
yes i do
Your best choice is, reinstall Mac OS X. You can do a Archive and Install. Archive and Install will not remove any of your files,applications, settings etc. It just replaces the system core files with new one.

Archive and Install : Read More

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
i will try that and if this solve my problem i am willing to pay you bonus, that is how desperate i am.
okay...i hope it'll work. Good luck with it.
unfortunately did not work is anything else that you can advise?
hmm..Archive and Install didn't worked ? Thats weird, may be your OS files were completely corrupted. Okay..try the following;
  • Reboot your Mac
  • Next hold Apple Command key + S key (Single User mode) down after you hear the Apple chime.
  • When you see the text prompt, type in the following terminal commands to create a brand new Admininstrator account (hitting return after each line):
mount -uw /
rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
shutdown -h now

After rebooting, you should have a brand new Administrator account. Let me know if you have problem with that account...
but if i have brend new administrator account i wiil not be ableto recover my info?
Since the two accounts are on the same hard drive, you can copy the contents from the old account to new one easily.
unfortunately i lost all my data on my computer every expert i contacted told me when it comes to firevalt there is no way you can recover the information i think my file got corrupted.
Did you created a new account ? Are you using Firevault on your old account ? Are the files are encrypted ?
there is not new account.
yes i was using firevault on my old account
Since you can't access the account and the files were file vaulted, i don't think you can recover them, i mean they are gone ! If it is not file vaulted, you can easily recover them using Target Disk Mode. Anyway, you can try Target Disk Mode and if you're lucky you can recover the files.

Target Disk Mode : More Info

Best Regards,

Ashik, Mac Technician