Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments
26638196

iphone was working fine. went to make a phone call and the

iphone was working fine. went to make a phone call and the font on the screen was really large and the screen would not slide. so now i cannot put my security code in to get into the phone and fix it. settings were never touched. it just got very large
Sounds like the software on the phone has become corrupted. If you connect the iPhone to your computer, is it recognized by iTunes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Pat - the problem is that I am not at home with the mac that has iTunes. I guess I will have to wait until I get home later this week to test it. I was hoping that there was some way to cold start it that I was not thinking of. Can I contact you when I get back home and after I test it?
Try tapping the screen with 3 fingers to see if its using the accesibility zoom.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I tried Pat's suggestion and it did not work. When I hit the main button it goes back to normal for about a second and then the zoom problem resumes..
I tried Pat's suggestion and it did not work. When I hit the main button it goes back to normal for about a second and then the zoom problem resumes.
I'm not sure what has caused this error, but it may be the phone's built-in zoom feature. double-tapping with 3 fingers on the screen is supposed to zoom it back out, and you should be able to navigate around the screen by using 3 fingers to drag the screen. If you can get the phone unlocked (by using 3-fingers to navigate around the screen) you can go to Settings>General>Accesibility and turn "Zoom" off. If you can't get that to work, you'll need to connect the phone to iTunes and perform a "Restore" to reset the settings.