Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments
26638196

I noticed recently that I have not been getting my email on

I noticed recently that I have not been getting my email on my 3G IPhone. I cannot delete old emails, either. I always get an error message stating that my password XXXXX username is XXXXX XXXXX I have not changed anything since I first set up my phone.
How do I correct this problem and receive emails again?

Thank you,
Denver E. Long
What type of e-mail account are you using with this phone? Common types are gmail, yahoo, hotmail, or e-mail from your internet service provider.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am using email (aol) provided by by internet service provider.
If you go to the AOL website, can you log into your account and check your e-mail?

Edited by Pat on 2/16/2010 at 1:41 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

YES! I went to the AOL website and saw that I had one (1) email.

Ok. Somehow your password XXXXX to have been messed up on your iPhone. Click on Settings>Mail. You'll then see your AOL account listed under "Accounts". Click on it. In the first screen you should see your username and password. Try re-entering the password XXXXX the one you just used to log onto the website.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

IT WORKED! I HAD DOZENS OF EMAILS WHICH I WAS ABLE TO DELETE. I ALSO JUST SAW YOUR EMAIL. I JUST SUBMITTED MY PAYMENT AND A SCREEN CAME UP AND SAID, "OOPS, YOUR PAYMENT WAS SUBMITTED TWICE".

THANKS FOR THE ASSISTANCE.