Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments
26638196

I have something that says its an archive utility; it says

I have something that says it's an archive utility; it says "Unarchving "attachements_2010_02_zip", and appears to be downloading something. Trouble is, it's been doing that for days, and I can't get rid of it. Help!
Click on the magnifying glass at the top right of the screen and type "Activity Monitor" without the quotes and press enter. Find "Arcive Utility" in the list of processes, click on it and choose "Quit Process". When it prompts you choose "Force Quit".