Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I feel like an idiot - my ten month old son was sitting on

my lap banging on my...
I feel like an idiot - my ten month old son was sitting on my lap banging on my keyboard - now all the windows are in super sized font. It's more than just a window maximized; it's huge and the windows sort of jiggle rather than being fixed in place. Any clue how to undo whatever he's done?
2/1/2010
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer, Sr. Mac Support Specialist
Hello, and thank you for asking your question, with JustAnswer.com/Mac.
I am Sr. Mac Tech Support Specialist, Terry, glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:
• Click on the Apple menu icon and select from the drop down menu,System Preferences.
• Within System Preferences, select Universal Access
graphic
• Once the main window is up for Universal Access, look under
Zoom: section and make sure the radio button for Off is selected

graphic

This should bring your screen back to normal view.
• If you find that your screen is still oversized, use the keys
on your keyboard to reduce the size of the font on your screen:
Apple Command key graphic + Option key and then click the "-" Minus key as
often as needed to restore your screen to its normal setting.

This should do the job; let me know if it helps!

If you have any more questions, regarding your technical issue, please feel free to reply to this post as I am always ready to assist. Thank you!

Regards,

-Terry
I followed the steps listed above. The zoom selection was already off so I tried your second suggestion and the windows are all still jumbo sized.
Thanks for the update.

If you would, I would like you to go back into System Preferences >Universal Access and in the Zoom field, click on the Options button.
graphic

This button will drop down this window:
Make sure to set the settings you see in your Zoom drop down
windoow, to match with these settings listed here in this screen shot.

graphic

Once you have done this, click the Done button.
Now from within the main Universal Access window, make sure the
Enable access for assistive devices is unchecked.

Now close all windows and open applications and restart your Mac.
I want to see if a reboot will help resolve your issue with the oversized screen.

Thanks for your patience, keep me posted!

Regards,

-Terry
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer