Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

How do I remove galleries.elitedollars.com from my Shared

How do I remove "galleries.elitedollars.com"...
How do I remove "galleries.elitedollars.com" from my Shared network listing?
2/1/2010
Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
HelloCustomerand thanks for using justanswer.com

Disconnect from your wireless connection

Click on the face icon on the left hand side of the dock. Click on Finder in the top left

Click on Preferences

Click on the Sidebar item and uncheck everything under "Shared", then click on OK

Restart

Go back to the Finder preferences, click "Sidebar", and re-check the items under "Shared", and reconnect to the network.

Let me know if this works for you.
Thanks Tom,
It sometime takes a little while for it to reappear so I'm waiting. It looks good so far. It hasn't reappeared. What can I do if it does, I'd like to kill it at it's source.

Is it spy or adware of some kind?
Normally they show up only if you connected to the share before.

You can download macscan which will scan your computer for anything

http://macscan.securemac.com/
Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
I ran macscan and got rid of some 14 spyware. However, Now I have "widgets.outbrain.com" another foreign network place, in my Shares and even after doing the fix you have outlined, it persists. I just did the fix on both computers, and both user's desktops. I have beefed up my wireless security today with fresh passwords/usernames/network names, but realize that this widgets.outbrain.com is generated internally...so ran the browser cleanup of macscan. It's still there.

ANy ideas, Tom?
Tom
Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist