Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10 years of systems administration experience in mixed Mac and Windows environments
26638196

I am having trouble printing .doc documents, ones that I would

I am having trouble printing .doc documents, ones that I would call "template" documents. That is ones that have preset headings and footers and then text is added to the document as needed. My HP OfficeJetPro L7780 "accepts" the print job and runs a piece of paper through but the paper comes out blank.

I am running Snow Leopard and Word X of Mac (which is ancient but the only version available to my knowledge. HP tech support says their printer is not the problem and since it is only .docs that are giving me difficulty it would seem that they are correct about that.

Can you give me any ideas about how to resolve this issue:
Hi there. Microsoft Office v.X is not compatible with Snow Leopard and these printing problems do happen. You're going to need to upgrade to Microsoft Office Mac 2008. You can purchase it online here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/Office2008/shop-now.mspx

Or go to a local retailer and pick it up. Make sure you trash your old version of Office once you start using the new one.