Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Im trying to install Tiger onto an older MacBook with a broken

I'm trying to install Tiger...
I'm trying to install Tiger onto an older MacBook with a broken disk drive and broken firewire port. Hoping to be told I can transfer the program from the DVD onto ipod or flashdrive (via my own Mac) and then install it onto the MacBook through the USB. Ideas and advice?
12/26/2009
Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
You'll need a flash drive with a capacity of at least 8 GB. Once you have that, simply use this guide to create a USB installer for your OS. This guide is for Snow Leopard, but the same procedure should work. If this is a Macbook (White or Black case with Intel processor) then it will run Snow Leopard which is much more modern and much better than Tiger.

Here is the guide:
http://www.maciverse.com/install-os-x-snow-leopard-from-usb-flash-drive.html
Great! But here's a potential complication:
Turns out it's not a MacBook, but a G3 ibook (so I think Tiger is as far as she can push it). Same procedure okay?
Yes, the same procedure should work for the Tiger installation disc.
Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast
Thank you! Cross your fingers for me...
Pat
Pat
Pat, Mac Enthusiast