Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Just got my MAC 2 wks ago.... have to do On Line learning classes

with allstate, get so...
Just got my MAC 2 wks ago.... have to do On Line learning classes with allstate, get so far on registering... then jumbles up. thinking safari doesnt support, and i might have to get windows?
12/2/2009
sqr_root
sqr_root, Information Technology Manager
HelloCustomer

If you are wanting to keep your mac and still be able to run Windows applications you may want to look at running Windows within a virtual environment on the Mac.

Check out VMWare Fusion.
Details are at http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/

You can do a 30 day free trial to decide if it works for you.

If AllState requires a Windows based browser then your only other choice may be to purchase a PC.

Thank you.... So I am mistaken that if I add Windows to my Mc, I would then have a different browser ? I was hoping by adding windows, That would be another browser option...... I'm not too smart on this.. thank you for your answerw....
You are correct - If you run Windows in a virtual environment on your mac you would then have the ability to run Internet Explorer.
You will still need to purchase Windows in addition to the VMWare product.

Are you sure that AllState won't work with a browser on your mac? Do they have a support site that you can contact? Or have they said that Internet Explorer on Windows is required? You don't want to spend the money on a PC or VMWare Fusion if you don't have to.

What error are you getting with Safari?
sqr_root
As I was getting into the web site, I think I remember seeing something about the browser does not what I had signed on to, but it appeared to be going along, till I got to a certain point of actually registering.... then it got mish mashy, overlayed the paragraphs,,,,,
I will contact them tomorrow when I get in and see. I would just much rather do this at home then in the office.......
sqr_root
sqr_root