Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I purchased the Seagate FreeAgent Go. Plugged into my MacBook

Customer Question
I purchased the Seagate FreeAgent...
I purchased the Seagate FreeAgent Go. Plugged into my MacBook Air and immediately learned that it only has Windows based software. I tried to find downloads for the MAC but so far have been unsuccessful in getting the MAC version to recognize the FreeAgent.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2009
Mac Support Specialist: Robert Preston, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Computer Hardware Engineer

You should be able to use Mac OS X's Disk Utility to make it work on OS X with no issues...

Thanks,
Rob
Rob,

I went to the OS X disc utility - it recognizes the FreeAgent Device but offers no solution to resolve the fact that the only image on the new FreeAgent device is for WINDOWS. It appears the only option I have is to erase the disc...but I have no Seagate MAC version software to replace it with. I spent a lot of money on this FreeAgent and find it incomprehensible that I have to pay $18 dollars to be told to use my OSX Disc Utility to do something or other to the device to make it work. Please advise how to get this device working properly on my MacBook Air.

Yes, you need to reformat it to get it to work on your MacBook. Once you format it you can use it... I'm not sure what the issue is???

Thanks,
Rob

Edited by Robert Preston on 12/1/2009 at 5:00 PM EST
Robert Preston
Thanks Rob - reformatting the disc did the trick. Working fine now.

No problem. Glad to hear it's working. :)

Thanks,
Rob
Robert Preston
Robert Preston