Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

hi, just bought a canon legria fs200 and can upload still

Customer Question

hi,
just bought a canon legria fs200 and can upload still shots to mac computer through image bropwser which was the software but cannot upload video it does not even register there is video to upload

please help thanks x
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Hi I am Ashik. I think i can help you

What happens when you connect it on your Mac ? Does a white/yellow icon appear on the desktop ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes a white icon like when you have external harddrive connected. this only happens for video transfer.
I have tiger 10.4.11.

thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Open it and what is the extension of files in there ? (.mpg or .mts or .mov etc)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi,
i think it is moi does that make sense?
just upgraded to snow leopard will this make it easier?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is my settings wrong on the camera?
i want it all to go to iphoto

thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Can you find MOD files in there (also search in subfolders) ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes there are mod files
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Okay....we can convert that files into quicktime format. So, what type of mac are you using ? (Intel or PPC)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
intel core 2 duo
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
First download and install these softwares on your Mac.

MPEG Streamclip and
Flip4Mac

After the installation completed, restart your Mac. Then follow these steps;
  • Copy the MOD, MOI files to your Mac HD.
  • Then drag the *.MOD or *.MOI files that you want to convert into the middle of the the MPEG Stream clip window (You may need to buy an Additional component from Apple to convert the files and it may cost $20.)
  • Click on the menu File and choose "Export to Quicktime".
  • On the "Compression" drop down option, choose the video output format, i chose H.263 (HD Quality)graphic
  • On "Quality", move the slider to increase the quality size. In "Frame Size", choose the best option you want and click the button "Make Movie". You will prompted to enter the detination place, so choose the place that you want save the converted file.graphic
  • You can see the progress of converting....
    - After comverting completed, you can watch the video in Quicktime or you can edit it in iMovie.

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...If i solved your problem, please kindly click ACCEPT. If i didn't, reply back before Accepting. Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this answer is to difficult and not what i needed I just wanted a software or link to allow my video camera and computer to be compatible and recognise each other.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
I know my answer is difficult. Your camcorder is not supported by Mac. But you can try iMovie and see if that helps.

Import video using iMovie : Click Here

If that didn't worked, follow my above suggestion. Its the only way...

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
Answer Quality ?? Please let me know what you need !
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Ashik,

My camera is mac compatible as my still photos upload so I just need to know why the video images do not instantly upload as well. thanks for your help i will try and find out else where.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 years ago.
No, you camcorder (movie) is not supported by Mac OS X. Mac can recognize the photos from any camcorder/camera. But Macs cannot recognize some camcorder to import the video. (eg: your camcorder)

You can see the Mac Supported Camcorders in here.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.